If you are interested in working at Applied LNG, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Corporate Controller Sales Manager Plant Operator
Applied LNG, a leading producer and marketer of liquefied natural gas (LNG), is searching for an LNG Sales Manager to join our team and support our growth. Applied provides fully integrated LNG solutions, which lower operating costs and reduce environmental impact by displacing diesel, gasoline and propane.
The successful candidate will be a vital member of the Applied LNG team and our future growth strategy. This role will support the Chief Financial Officer in Strategic Planning, Financial Planning, Business Process & Systems Improvements, Human Resource and Payroll Administrative and day-to day office operations.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Advise the CFO and other key members of senior management on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, and policy matters
- Contribute to the development of the company's profit and strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures
- Provide analytical support to the company internal management team including development of internal management reporting capabilities
- Improve administrative and operational processes and standards including streamlining and improving workflows
- Ensure accounting records are prepared and maintained in accordance with GAAP
- Manage the company's federal, state and local tax compliance requirements and timely filings
- Drive month end close activities including preparation of month end close calendar, posting of journal entries and preparation and submission of the financial package
- Extensive review and analysis of detailed pricing models for contracts
- Direct supervision of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Generate annual operating plans and quarterly forecasts
- Assist in developing and refining processes and standards including streamlining and improving workflows
- Manage the annual audit and quarterly review activities in partnership with external auditors
- Manage the company's employee benefits program, including the 401K plan and its compliance
- Process Payroll for multiple entities and manage the company’s 401K plan
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary
- Responsible for all HR duties and the administration of policies and procedures
Must be able to demonstrate:
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to quickly grasp complex subject matters, work to tight deadlines and under pressure
· Excellent computer skills
· Discretion with handling of confidential or sensitive information
· Self-motivated and self-directed
· Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Outstanding attention to detail
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Enthusiastic and willing to learn
Qualifications and Experience:
· BA/BS degree in Accounting from an accredited University – Required
· Advanced Excel skills (VLookup, Pivot Tables, Queries, Macros and Scripts) - Required
· Proven knowledge of US GAAP, accounting principles, practices, standards and regulations - Required
· 7-10 years of relevant experience including staff management, development, coaching, delegation and multitasking
· Knowledge of Oil and Gas Industry also a plus
· Experienced with Sales/Use Tax filings for multiple entities and jurisdictions
· MBA and/or CPA a plus
· Working knowledge of Logistics Software
· Experience with process and workflow studies
· Financial Systems Skills: ERP experience
· Must be able to develop and implement projects
· Ability to communicate effectively with senior management and collaborate with staff at all organizational levels across various business units
Job Type: Full-time
The successful candidate will be a vital member of the Applied LNG team and our future growth strategy. The individual must possess outstanding and demonstrated technical sales skills and is responsible for maximizing revenue by building strong relationships with existing customers. The position is based out of our corporate office in Westlake Village, CA or remotely and reports to the Vice President of Business Strategy.
Create long and short term sales objectives that will increase:
· Market share
· Client win
· Sales pipeline
· Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing customers to accomplish growth targets by identifying, tracking and qualifying projects in the company’s CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software
· Communicate what is effective and ineffective in marketing efforts so such efforts are fine tuned to generate a significant ROI
· Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and intelligence such as market trends and changes that will lead to new opportunities or identify competitive threats
· Strong understanding of the art of negotiations and profitability analysis processes, skillfully resolve conflicts to remove barriers to selling
· Work closely with operation and support functions to coordinate product and service pricing and identify solutions that best fit customer present and future needs
· Assure immediate response to all client inquiries and incoming leads
· Develop and deliver sales presentations to key clients and prospects
· Represent Applied LNG at trade shows, professional meetings and industry forums as deemed appropriate
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or Engineering from a four-year college or university
· 5+ years sales experience on the sector of oil and industrial gas industry, LNG Industry preferred
· Direct sales experience with an emphasis on major accounts
· Established relationships within the energy sector
· Practical working knowledge of principles and methods of promoting and selling products and services, including sales strategies, technical services presentations and influencing customer decisions
· Proven track record for establishing and meeting revenue targets
· Strong interpersonal and analytical skills to quickly assess a client’s needs and the products and services to satisfy those needs
· Excellent platform skills and the ability to easily interact and at all levels of a client organization
· Must be able to travel as necessary to meet client and corporate requirements
All qualified candidates should submit a resume with cover letter and salary requirements.
Applied LNG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Under general supervision, performs a wide variety of skilled, journey-level duties in the Operation, installation, maintenance, repair and servicing of mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment, devices and machinery used in the operation of Midlothian LNG and Applied LNG Technologies distribution system; performs related work as assigned.
Plant Operator/Mechanic I is the entry-level class.
Initially under direct supervision, incumbents learn and perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled duties in the maintenance and repair of equipment, machinery and devices used in the operation of the LNG plant, Storage Systems and Trailer Loading.
Trades areas covered by this class include mechanical maintenance and repair of industrial equipment, components and machinery; plumbing and pipe fitting; industrial electrical systems, maintenance and repair; and the installation, trouble-shooting and repair of electronic control systems. Incumbents may advance to the higher level after gaining experience and demonstrating proficiency that meet the qualifications for the higher-level class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the class.
The operation of Midlothian LNG's plant is a complex effort. It is expected that all Midlothian LNG operating personnel exercise common sense, safety considerations and industry acceptable techniques when operating plant and equipment. All Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and/or any other necessary safety material shall be reviewed prior to performing specific duties (i.e. transfer of acid, hot oil, etc.) and shall be attached to this procedure, when applicable.
Performs a variety of skilled, journey-level duties involved in the inspection, diagnosis, troubleshooting, maintenance, repair and servicing of water distribution, components, facilities and machinery, such as pipes, tubes, rods, seals, shafts, gears, motors, bearings, couplings, valves and pumps; tests and monitors equipment and machinery for vibration, bearing temperature and output capacity. Inspects, maintains and repairs pumps, valves, motors and other equipment located in LNG plant and storage area. Inspects, maintains and repairs pumps, valves, motors and other equipment located in the plant and at water storage facilities.
Disconnects electrical sources, uses lockout/tag out procedures to block electrical sources;
reconnects and operates equipment at panel for maintenance purposes.
Tests, troubleshoots, locates and calibrates, repairs and performs preventive maintenance on a variety of systems, components and devices; rebuilds equipment to manufacturer's specifications.
Inspects equipment installation work performed by contractors.
Performs duties in confined spaces, utilizing department safety equipment, policies and procedures.
Operates company pickup trucks, boom trucks, forklifts, compressors, cranes, pneumatic, hydraulic and electric tools, and related tools and equipment. Coordinates activities with other employees.
Ensures the timely and accurate completion of preventive maintenance activities. Requisitions necessary tools, equipment and supplies. Researches new operational methods, techniques and equipment and recommends their application. Inspects, maintains and repairs pneumatic systems.
Responds to emergency situations as necessary. May assist in training or instructing others in the work. May lead the work of others as a project leader. Performs daily basic chemical tests to assure that the proper PH of the cooling tower water is maintained. Daily tests the amine solution to assure that the concentration is adequate to remove any CO2 present in the inlet gas. Responsible for recognizing security breaches and fire emergencies while on duty and
taking necessary emergency procedures to protect the public.
Practices, methods, techniques, tools and equipment used in the installation, maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment and machinery common to water and gas distribution systems; machine shop procedures and practices; practices, methods, techniques, tools and equipment used in the design, installation, testing, calibration, maintenance and repair of industrial electric and electronic systems, equipment and devices; safety practices, safe work methods and safety regulations pertaining to the work; software applications related to the work; codes, ordinances and regulations pertaining to the work.
Diagnose and repair a wide variety of mechanical, systems and machinery, such as valves, motors, pumps and other equipment common to the water works and oil fields; use precision and diagnostic instruments to measure required tolerances of mechanical parts; calibrate and repair complex electrical and electronic devices and equipment;
identify and implement effective courses of action to complete assigned work; read and interpret plans, specifications and manuals; exercise independent judgment and initiative within established guidelines; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those encountered in the course of the work; coordinate work assignments with other
Training and Experience:
The following are typical ways of obtaining the knowledge, skills and abilities outlined above:
Graduation from high school, or G.E.D. equivalent; and two years of journey-level experience, in a plant environment, in the installation, maintenance and repair of pumping equipment, including valves, pumps and motors; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Licenses; Certificates; Special Requirements:
· A valid driver’s license (driving records to be reviewed yearly); depending on the severity and number of violations employee may not be allowed to drive company vehicles
· A valid D.O.T. physical (49 CFR 391, Subpart E) as a condition of employment; cost of physical to be paid by Midlothian LNG (to be renewed every 2 years)
· Pre-employment drug screen & random drug and/or alcohol screens as a condition of employment; cost of pre-employment screen and random drug and/or alcohol screens to be paid by Midlothian LNG.
· No DUI within the past 5 years
· Fire resistant (FR) clothing, hard hat, safety glasses & hard toe leather boots/shoes are required. Midlothian LNG will furnish FR clothing, hard hats, safety glasses and hard toe boots/shoes on an annual basis, if required.
· Must either have a Category 30 employee license by the Texas Railroad Commission or have the ability to pass the Category 30 exam within 60 days of employment
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this class.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand and talk or hear; walk or sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. (49 CFR 391.45) Employees in this class are occasionally required to wear respirators. In accordance with OSHA regulations, employees are prohibited from having facial or head hair that impairs the effectiveness of respirator equipment.
While performing the duties of this class, the incumbent is regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; observe and interpret situations; deal with changing, intensive deadlines; and interact with officials and the public.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this class. The employee frequently works in outside weather conditions, near moving mechanical parts, and on slippery and uneven surfaces.
The employee is frequently exposed to extreme hot and dry conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock and burn. The noise level in the work environment outside the control room is exceptionally loud and requires that ear protection be worn much of the time.
Job Type: Full-time